cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promised delivery timed missed due to Parked order

Jon15
On our wavelength

I rang virgin on 4pm on Saturday 17th to start a new contract - 36 months with iphone 14. My current phone is broken.

I explained the order was urgent because I am getting married next week - the agent assured me the order would arrive on Tuesday 20th and there were no issues. I just needed to sign an online form by email by 18.45 to ensure the Tuesday delivery.

Looking in my account I could see the order was placed in a 'parked' status

I spoke to multiple people that night and placed a complaint - but no one helped me. I was advised a back office person needed to call me in 48 hrs in the end I gave up. People hung up on me at points.

I then received a call at 05.21am Sunday morning waking up me and my two young children. I rang Virgin at 8am who advised me this was the back office team and because I has missed the call my order would be cancelled. This is truly shocking.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

It is an appalling story, unfortunately World Class Dreadfulness is something that's far too common with Virgin Media.  

In terms of what next, if you need a phone like now, then go sort one out on the high street from somebody with a not-too-bad reputation.  Tesco Mobile would probably be a good option.  EE are better than the other big networks and might be an alternative (possibly pricier) to Tesco Mobile, but the whole point is get the phone from an outlet where you go in, agree the deal, and walk out with a working handset. 

Regarding the performance from VM, you could reasonably ask for compensation for the dreadful service, but that would require a formal complaint (which will be fobbed off) and then escalation to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS for somebody competent to review and deem what an appropriate settlement is.  But if you're getting married next week, that won't help you now, and you've got better things to be doing.  Get married, and when things have settled down in a couple of months, then raise the complaint with VM, expect to get fobbed off, and then read the relevant rules and take the matter to CISAS.  You might well get a hundred quid or so compensation.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

It is an appalling story, unfortunately World Class Dreadfulness is something that's far too common with Virgin Media.  

In terms of what next, if you need a phone like now, then go sort one out on the high street from somebody with a not-too-bad reputation.  Tesco Mobile would probably be a good option.  EE are better than the other big networks and might be an alternative (possibly pricier) to Tesco Mobile, but the whole point is get the phone from an outlet where you go in, agree the deal, and walk out with a working handset. 

Regarding the performance from VM, you could reasonably ask for compensation for the dreadful service, but that would require a formal complaint (which will be fobbed off) and then escalation to the industry complaints adjudicator CISAS for somebody competent to review and deem what an appropriate settlement is.  But if you're getting married next week, that won't help you now, and you've got better things to be doing.  Get married, and when things have settled down in a couple of months, then raise the complaint with VM, expect to get fobbed off, and then read the relevant rules and take the matter to CISAS.  You might well get a hundred quid or so compensation.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jon15,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have had this experience with your parked order. We can understand the frustration caused. I have been able to access our systems and I can see you spoke to our team this morning. Was the issue resolved with our team? Do you need any further help? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jon15
On our wavelength

Spent 90 mins this morning on the phone - mostly on hold.  Order still parked so no resolution and no date for delivery.  I am told back office will call me back, but I am doubtful based on experiences.  Asked to speak a manager and was consistently told no one could speak to me.  So in summary no not resolved.

We truly apologise for this @Jon15.

Were you given a time for the callback? Also when your order was parked, were you given a reason in the original correspondence? Were you given any further steps?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Jon15
On our wavelength

No reason given for parking.  No call back time from back office.  Customer services said they will check in by 4pm.  No next steps given, other than wait.

In this case, I can do my best to look into this for you @Jon15.

Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Jon15
On our wavelength

Exchanged multiple messages with the forum, and told my order was parked and I needed to wait.  Essentially zero solutions given and I will not get a phone for my wedding.  Im genuinely very upset - do VM care - absolutely not

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do what @Andrew-G said. Go out and get yourself a phone from a reliable supplier.

Forget Virgin, who have shown you that they are not. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

We truly want to best help @Jon15, we can understand this is not ideal, especially with your wedding coming up. Unfortunately due to procedure, our team has to go through some further verification on your order before processing it. Please bear with our team while they do this. They will aim to get through this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team