Menu
annemarie2411
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problem with roaming

Hi,

I am in Portugal and cannot get roam like home to work. I have checked my account and roaming in on. I have a huawei p10 and have followed troubleshooting instructions for the device such as resetting the apn to default but with no luck. The same thing happened when I went to Ireland earlier this year, and if I am destined for a life with no international roaming while with virgin then I may have to consider moving network. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with roaming

Hi annemarie2411,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. Apologies we're running a little behind on the boards and only now reaching your thread Smiley Sad 
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with roaming while you're in Portugal.

. Did you verify that roaming was active before your trip (you can check this via your online account under Plan and Device > Manage My Services)? Also please make sure that International call barring is OFF.
Also, please try manually selecting the networks available to see if you can get a full working connection.
If your roaming hasn't been activated before leaving for your trip, we can try resetting this on the network, but please be aware that our reset may not work, as this depends on the local host network picking up the correct details from the UK.
If you are still having an issue with your roaming service and would like for me to check this, I will need to take more details. I will send you a private message requesting more information so that I can assist with this issue. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Kind Regards,
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
annemarie2411
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, well the delay in responding didn't help for sure - I'm back in the UK now. And yes I had done all the pre-travel checks (all correct) and tried manually selecting networks and following their instructions resetting the APN. Second time this year this has happened to me and having missed urgent messages both times as they could not be delivered to me, I won't be staying with Virgin, and am currently in the process of identifying a new provider.

Goodbye!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi annemarie2411,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me .

I'm really sorry to hear this, we will be sad to see you go but I understand you must do what you feel is right for you.

I wish you well with your new provider.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos