cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting still not working after 72 hours

oconjoh
On our wavelength

I submitted my pac number on 27/7 and on 28 my phone stopped receiving calls (either on the new Sims number or the number being ported). If I call out the ported number is reported. If they call back it rings on the old sim which is in another phone. I reported an issue on 28/7 and got nowhere. I reported again on 29/7 at 8am. At 2.50pm on 29/7 (48 hours after pac submitted) it still didn't work. Called again and was told there wasn't a problem. I suggested they call me back to check. No call received. Called again - still waiting for port - ticket hadn't been raised for 5 hours and I would have to wait another 24 hours. It's still not working. I asked about cancelling so I could switch to a provider that had better customer service and was told I couldn't cancel because of the problem.

Terrible customer service via a call centre in Manila. No way to speak to a technical person to explain the problem. It's now almost 72 hours since I could be contacted via my phone. Never had such a bad experience as this in 30 years of mobile phone use!

Now I've been on phone for almost 1/2 an hour. Was told to turn my phone off and back on - they didn't bother to look at the previous calls. Then they told me it takes 2-5 business days for IT support to look at problem. I asked to cancel - they can't cancel. An utter joke!

i just want a service that I can make and receive calls on - I don't think that's unreasonable.

21 REPLIES 21

oconjoh
On our wavelength

Hi,

Just saw that despite my phone never working and the fact that I cancelled my contract within my cooling off period you have charged me a cancellation fee and continue to take £20 per month from my account.

Could someone (preferably in the UK) please contact me to explain what is going on and how you are going to rectify this?

John

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @oconjoh,

Thank you for coming back to us. We're really sorry to hear that you have cancelled your contract during the cooling off period but are still getting charged monthly for this service. 

I'm more than happy to look into this for you. In order to do so, I will need to send you a Private Message and confirm a few details.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs