cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting still not working after 72 hours

oconjoh
On our wavelength

I submitted my pac number on 27/7 and on 28 my phone stopped receiving calls (either on the new Sims number or the number being ported). If I call out the ported number is reported. If they call back it rings on the old sim which is in another phone. I reported an issue on 28/7 and got nowhere. I reported again on 29/7 at 8am. At 2.50pm on 29/7 (48 hours after pac submitted) it still didn't work. Called again and was told there wasn't a problem. I suggested they call me back to check. No call received. Called again - still waiting for port - ticket hadn't been raised for 5 hours and I would have to wait another 24 hours. It's still not working. I asked about cancelling so I could switch to a provider that had better customer service and was told I couldn't cancel because of the problem.

Terrible customer service via a call centre in Manila. No way to speak to a technical person to explain the problem. It's now almost 72 hours since I could be contacted via my phone. Never had such a bad experience as this in 30 years of mobile phone use!

Now I've been on phone for almost 1/2 an hour. Was told to turn my phone off and back on - they didn't bother to look at the previous calls. Then they told me it takes 2-5 business days for IT support to look at problem. I asked to cancel - they can't cancel. An utter joke!

i just want a service that I can make and receive calls on - I don't think that's unreasonable.

21 REPLIES 21

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @oconjoh 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with porting your number over to us. 

I have managed to locate your account and have looked into the IT ticket and I can confirm that this is currently with our porting team. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

oconjoh
On our wavelength

Thanks for confirming that for me. Perhaps you could chase up my PAC numbers? I'm still waiting for them.

Hi Oconjoh,

Thanks for your reply, I can see the IT ticket is still within the time period of 3 - 5 business days, which also includes investigating why your PAC porting hasn't gone through as of yet.

I can see on your services that the porting request is still active and we need to allow the IT team to investigate. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience with this. 

Thanks,

Megan_L

oconjoh
On our wavelength

Thanks, that's great - I've only been unable to receive calls for a week now, 3 - 5 more days without service service won't make much difference.

Don't worry about any sense of urgency by the way - I guess once you've taken more than the advertised 24 hours to port a number you may as well take a few weeks.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Oconjoh,

I can understand your frustration on this and I am sorry for the delay in your port, as advised above please let our IT team to investigate 

Zoie

oconjoh
On our wavelength

I still haven't received the pac numbers I was promised last week. You need to email them to me as per our telephone conversations. 

Thanks for your reply, oconjoh, as the porting issue is still with IT, we do not have any updates to provide.

oconjoh
On our wavelength

It's now been 5 business days since you passed this to your IT team. That makes it almost two weeks since I could receive calls on my phone number or even the sim's number. 

Could you please escalate this to somebody that actually cares about your customers please? 

I just want the PAC numbers you promised to give me within 5 working days 5 working days ago.

Thanks for your reply, oconjoh, the IT team is working on resolving the porting issue as quickly as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience.