cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting issue. Vodaphone to Virgin

Chendo29
Tuning in

My wife chose a contract with Virgin about 2 months ago now and is having a very frustrating time with what I believe is called a porting issue.  She went through the process of retaining her old Vodaphone number but she now seems to be stuck in limbo between the two numbers.  She can only receive calls and texts to her new Virgin number and is unable to access most of her useful apps like banking.

She has been on the phone several frustrating and time consuming times where the operative has no idea how to help and will not believe that this issue can happen.  I have seen a few posts on this forum that are concerning a very similar problem.  Can anyone with some real technical knowledge please help us out?

This is absolutely heartbreaking as she is banging her head against a brick wall as far as the lengthy and infuriating telephone calls go and with our 3 year old kid she does not have the time and patience to keep dealing with these constant dead ends.  She is completely fed up with the phone and the service and has been reduced to tears of frustration over it. 

I really hope somebody can help.

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chendo29,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your wife is having problems since porting out to us, can you confirm your Wife can make and receive calls and texts, is here number showing when she makes calls?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul and thanks for your response. She is having to use the number given to her by virgin but the process of transferring her old number seemed to go fine. The phone half thinks it is on both numbers. Because or this she can't access some of her useful apps like signal or mobile banking. Is this familiar sounding? 

C

Thanks for updating @Chendo29

Can I ask what model and make of phone your wife is using?

Also has she updated the number in the phone settings to show the new one at all? 

Thank you

Hi Ash thanks for responding. It is an iphone 12 mini. 

we have tried to change the number in settings but it makes no difference. We can't sign into tge Apple ID either because it sends her verification code to her old number. The one that should gave been transferred over to the new phone/ sim. 

C

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chendo,

Is this page of any use to you?

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-change-imessage-phone-number-on-iphone/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey Dave. Thanks a billion for the link!! We are all set up albeit she will just need to live with a new number instead of the one that was supposedly transferred. U legend! 
Craig and Fi

Hi Chendo29

When was the port date please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi. I am not exactly sure but it has been around 2 months. I have managed to link her icloud and devices to the new virgin number since the transfer of her old one from vodaphone didn't work. 

Do you think everthing should be OK from now on using the new number? 

thanks. 
C

Hi C,

Yes this should be fine now 🙂

Alex_Rm