Menu
DiDiChok
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ported mobile number won't roam

I'm a fairly new VM mobile phone customer who joined using a ported number.  Everything works properly in the UK but I'm now abroad in Thailand.  I've got mobile roaming switched on and taken off the international call restrictions on the VM mobile account settings.    My problem is that the VM sim will not connect to any of the network operators here.  Selecting any of the operator connections manually produces the message "No access" for every one.  It looks to me like the number was ported incompletely but Customer Services is having none of it and can't understand what is wrong.  I'm repeatedly told to wait 24 hours, restart the phone and other similar nonsense..  I need to receive simple SMS messages urgently for use with internet banking but I can't get anybody to listen.  Has anyone any idea how to resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
DiDiChok
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported mobile number won't roam

It gets better!  I am now being told to buy a local SIM card and to use that as Virgin Mobile's SIM isn't likely to work at all when roaming.  Apparently, second line technical support doesn't work at weekends.  I'm starting to wish that I'd never switched.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

H there DiDiChok

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your service when roaming. We appreciate that this is frustrating and we'd like to help you with this on here as much as possible.

I'm going to send you a private message now so that we can enter your account and take a look at this for you.

We'll be in touch shortly. 

0 Kudos
DiDiChok
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As of today (Thursday 23rd February 2019) I am now on day 23 without any service from Virgin Mobile whatsoever.  Despite raising a support ticket nobody can be bothered to come back to me.  The whole thing is a shambles.  Unless I get some service soon then I shall be considering my future with Virgin Mobile.  Have you or anyone got any news about any results obtained from support ticket P 009 180 017 as was promised?

Nobody seems to be listening!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

can you confirm when you last contacted us over the phone regarding this? have you managed to speak with the Mobile faults team? 

Kind regards 

Chris 

0 Kudos