Menu
DiDiChok
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ported mobile number won't roam

I'm a fairly new VM mobile phone customer who joined using a ported number.  Everything works properly in the UK but I'm now abroad in Thailand.  I've got mobile roaming switched on and taken off the international call restrictions on the VM mobile account settings.    My problem is that the VM sim will not connect to any of the network operators here.  Selecting any of the operator connections manually produces the message "No access" for every one.  It looks to me like the number was ported incompletely but Customer Services is having none of it and can't understand what is wrong.  I'm repeatedly told to wait 24 hours, restart the phone and other similar nonsense..  I need to receive simple SMS messages urgently for use with internet banking but I can't get anybody to listen.  Has anyone any idea how to resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DiDiChok
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported mobile number won't roam

It gets better!  I am now being told to buy a local SIM card and to use that as Virgin Mobile's SIM isn't likely to work at all when roaming.  Apparently, second line technical support doesn't work at weekends.  I'm starting to wish that I'd never switched.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

H there DiDiChok

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear that you have been having issues with your service when roaming. We appreciate that this is frustrating and we'd like to help you with this on here as much as possible.

I'm going to send you a private message now so that we can enter your account and take a look at this for you.

We'll be in touch shortly. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
DiDiChok
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As of today (Thursday 23rd February 2019) I am now on day 23 without any service from Virgin Mobile whatsoever.  Despite raising a support ticket nobody can be bothered to come back to me.  The whole thing is a shambles.  Unless I get some service soon then I shall be considering my future with Virgin Mobile.  Have you or anyone got any news about any results obtained from support ticket P 009 180 017 as was promised?

Nobody seems to be listening!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

can you confirm when you last contacted us over the phone regarding this? have you managed to speak with the Mobile faults team? 

Kind regards 

Chris 

0 Kudos
DiDiChok
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The last telephone contact was on Moday 11th February at 16:00 lasting 22 mins and 23 seconds during which a support ticket number P 009 180 017 was raised.  I have had no specific feedback whatsoever about this 'support ticket' and have requested some from a David_Pn in one of numerous private messages that have flowed back and forth between us.  A complaint ticket has also been raised numbered COM103211586 also to little effect to date.  I am now on day 30 of no service whatsoever from Virgin Mobile and have requested that the matter be raised not only with Managers but also the Porting Manager responsible for the failed port.  I shall be abroad for at least another month and I still have no clear indication of when the problem will be resolved.  Very simply, nobody whatsoever is taking any notice of my distress.  What do you suggest I do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DiDiChok, 

We have sent you a private message, please reply when you can. 

Thanks, 

Hetty_R
0 Kudos
DiDiChok
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I really don't like this 'hiding' of messages by using the private message service even when we are not discussing anything confidentrial.

To Hetty_R on Thu 28 Mar 19
Well, here we are on day 58 of no service abroad. I should be back in the UK later today and wil turn on the mobile phone, which I hope will at least work. there. By all means, send me a new SIM as quickly as you can. I plan to go abroad again very shortly and should the new SIM not work aboad, I shall be looking for both compensation and a MAC code to port my number to a proper telecommunications company.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi DiDiChok.

Thanks for you post.

I'm aware that we are dealing with your complaint and there will be movement on this over the next couple of days.

Hope this helps, safe journey home.

David_Bn

0 Kudos