Menu
johnjohnrichard
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Phone unrepaired

I sent my mobile in for a repair as it keeps on freezing.

Is it necessary to remove the protective screen cover to check this? The cover has been removed, seemingly causing damage to the screen. This cover cost £9 and has not been returned. I can not think of a reason why it would be removed to check a hardware fault.

The hardware fault was discovered (not that I was told what it was!) but not repaired and my faulty phone returned to me. Not only was the fault not fixed, but the phone is now worse than ever, needing a hard reset at least once a day. The service has been very poor!

If anyone has a reason why this would happen, please let me know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
WizOZ
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone unrepaired

Call and lodge a official complaint through Virgin Media.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone unrepaired

Hi johnjohnrichard,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

It's possible it wasn't repaired because the warranty was void and one the most common reason is if repairs were undertaken by non-approved repairers (i.e. cracked screen).

You should have been given a reason why the repair wasn't carried out but also given the option to pay any out of warranty charges to get it repaired.

I'm afraid I have no idea if removing the screen protector was relevant to the repair or not as I don't know what steps are needed to repair a faulty handset.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos