cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not delivered

DGM54
Joining in

Yodel driver has stolen my parcel! - I was due a delivery today and waited in all day. I was waiting for the delivery when I checked the tracker seeing I was 2 away. So I sat eating dinner with my wife and sons. I next got an email ping to say the parcel had been delivered! I ran to my door and nothing! This was a signed for delivery.

When I chase Yodel web chat desk they confirmed the delivery had been done as the SAT NAV confirmed. I asked for a Proof Of Delivery and got told no POD due to COVID. I asked again and was given a Longitude and Latitude (which anyone could google) and this related to the top of my road and not my house.

When escalated to a "manager" they contradicted themselves by saying it had been signed for by my name! I again stated at not point had I signed or even had a delivery! I have a Ring Door Bell and this confirms NO video or detection in my road in front of my house let alone my door!

So YODEL have stolen my parcel and my sons main Xmas present plus my new SIM which I need for my business as Virgin kindly disconnected my previous SIM yesterday!!     What do I tell my son who has Autism and has asked for months for a new phone writing letters to Santa now?

Sickening, sad, evil. I am left with the solution that Yodel will interview the driver back at the depot! Really? Still no POD, no parcel, no evidence.   When I search Yodel problems they are all of a similar ilk!   Why Virgin are you using such a bad provider?

9 REPLIES 9

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DGM54,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened with your delivery. 

I have been able to locate your account and would like to see if we can do anything to assist. 

I will private message you to get some details. 

^Martin

Lamh
Joining in

Hi,

I was wondering if this issue has been resolved? And if it has how long it took?

The same thing happened to me 6 weeks ago and I’m still waiting for a resolution.

Hey @Lamh,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with a handset delivery, what have you been advised about this so far?

What was the last update that you were given about this?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I have been advised this has been passed to your FCA team and this can take up to 58 days for them to come back.

My account has been placed on breathing space. However this can still affect my credit report this for me is very worrying and also I could still be found liable.

I have been told I would have a call back from a manager on 2 occasions this however has not happened.

This is causing me a lot of stress and time on the phone. I have been speaking to people about this since 7th March and been given some incorrect and really bad advice.

I have also been in touch with yodel who sent me a picture of someone holding a parcel outside of a house, this is not my home nor is it one on my estate as I have walked round looking for it. 

As the previous poster said I have no idea why you are still using yodel.

I’m just really unhappy with my experience here and want to know if this was something that was resolved and how long it took as the person who started this threads experience was the same as mine.

Thanks for coming back to us @Lamh, I can have a look into this and see if I can find an update from the team you but would need to confirm a few details over via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Lamh.

I have looked into your notes but there doesn't seem to be any progression on this according to the notes, I will try to get this looked into by the team and an update sent over to me.

Please can you confirm via private message, any complaint references that you may have been given?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi there 

No the case was never resolved.   Unfortunately Virgins choice of delivery agent is very poor (Yodel) and when you check their own web pages for complaints there are literally thousands!    However, between Virgin call centre and Yodels (who are both incidentally overseas/India based) I lost complete faith in the whole business.   It was always down to "Interviewing the driver" which at the time could take weeks.  It was clear from the outset the handset had been stolen by the driver (with all the video evidence, PODs (finally materialising days after I requested - and with a label that when scanned was completely illegible)).

I was literally lost without my phone/SIM - it was for my business plus the original phone I had (iPhone 11 new) was for my youngest son (who has Autism) for his main Xmas present.   I was absolutely heart broken on Xmas day when he had no present to open as I needed my old phone although I had no SIM as Virgin had actually cut off my old SIM.   Whilst on Xmas Eve I actually spoke to a very nice Manager in Birmingham and he ordered a new SIM straight away but there was nothing he could do about the phone.

After many days of calls to both parties, stress, and emotional distress, I got my replacement SIM day after Boxing Day.   I decided enough was enough and I went straight out, bought a new phone outright, then proceeded to transfer my entire account to another provider.   When my wife's contract expires I will be doing the same with hers.   

I realise there are processes to follow but given stress, dismay, heartache and distress caused by both parties, if I had been given a replacement phone straight away, I would have probably remained a Virgin customer (I had been one over 10 years).   But alas not to be - so I voted with my feet and left.

As to the phone.....I got a call at the end of January from a very nice lady in Virgin Customer Services saying that it was still not resolved, but of course by this time it did not matter as I had left some 4 weeks before.

Lessons learned - never buy another phone on contract - buy outright and get a SIM separately as you get more choice.    Never again use Yodel if they are a chosen courier.

Thanks @Lamh, I have got in touch with the agent that has been assigned to your complaint and I have asked them to get in touch with you to provide an update on this ongoing issue.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I’m sorry it was never resolved. I hope they aren’t holding you liable for any costs and your son got a phone, nothing worse than a disappointed kid at Christmas.