cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Upgrade

hansi
Fibre optic

I have a Samsung Android phone with VM which is a few years old now and I want to replace it. Last time I did this VM still had a local shop and they helped me set it up as I am a pensioner and not very handy with technology. I want to upgrade my phone now, but sadly the shop is now closed, and I would have a problem transferring the SIM card which is why I needed the shops help last time. So, reluctantly, I will be off to my local Tesco Mobile shop where they still have staff to help. Sorry VM but we are not all techies!

7 REPLIES 7

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hansi, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

Our Merger with 02 allows Virgin customers to seek assistance with the 02 shops.

You will be able to take a sim/ phone out by calling us on 0800 183 1150.

Chris 

If I order a new phone from my mobile account, will I be able to take it my local 02 shop for them to transfer my sim card and set it up for me?

Hi hansi,

Thank you for reaching back out, you can look at the options for a new phone when you visit the O2 store.

Regards

Paul.

I notice that the cost of pay monthly phones is more expensive on the 02 site than the same phone on the VM Mobile site. Will 02 match the VM price?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi hansi, 

Thank you for your post to the thread. 

In order to give you the correct information, we have contacted our colleagues at O2 to provide further information. 

We will update the thread as soon as we hear back. 

Thanks, 

Nat

02 told me that they are not handling Virgin Mobile only Virgin Media.

Thanks for coming back to us hansi, we'll get back in touch as soon as we have any further updates.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L