cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payg Disabled

Simkin58
Joining in

I have a second mobile which I occasionally use via payg. As its been a while since I last used it, I tried it today and its been disabled even though I have credits left with it. I have been told to contact customer service yeh yeh, queues, etc etc. Does anyone know if there is any way I can get this operational again? Really annoyed. Yet again uncalled for intervention. Thank you, Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The rules are (& always have been) that you must make a call or text at least every 90 days to keep the account & number active. This is irrespective of whether you have credit on the account or not.

You will have to contact customer services & just hope you haven't lost the number. VM are pulling out of PAYG services by January next year anyway, so you will have no option but to find a new provider.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The rules are (& always have been) that you must make a call or text at least every 90 days to keep the account & number active. This is irrespective of whether you have credit on the account or not.

You will have to contact customer services & just hope you haven't lost the number. VM are pulling out of PAYG services by January next year anyway, so you will have no option but to find a new provider.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From PAYG Terms and Conditions.

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Simkin58,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the trouble. As our VIP's have advised, our T&C's state you need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period or there is a risk of suspension. 

I will pop you a PM now so we can take a closer look into this for you. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

iancohen
On our wavelength

I found terms and conditions at this link:

https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/mobile/responsive/payg-terms.pdf

I see 180 days rather than 90 as is written above

"3.7 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 180
day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message.
If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and disconnect
you from the Network. We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so
please ensure you keep talking or texting!"

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm afraid that page has been out of date for some time. 

Academic anyway with PAYG closing down between October and January of next year.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @enlli

Thank you for pointing out that the information on our PAYG website is incorrect, I will pass this on to the relevant team now.

Apologies for any confusion caused by this incorrect information.

Best wishes,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the double post, I just thought I would clarify:

If Mobile Customers are on our Legacy Package (Big Talk / Big Data and Texts) then the customer does have 180 days until their phone is suspended due to inactivity.

If it's our new PAYG packages, then the customer has 90 days until their phone is disabled due to not being used.

Hope this clears things up!

Serena

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Serena_C Thanxs

valdez
Tuning in

the same thing has just happened to me where Virgin Media will not refund any credit balance

they are hiding behind the excuse that I was messaged to say it was happening - I was not and have not had any satisfactory response to my complaint