cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset not working

Annalou91
Joining in

I am trying to change my password for my virgin mobile account and I keep getting an ‘oops something went wrong message’ I have tried on both my phone and laptop with the correct email and mobile number and it is persistent. This has been ongoing for months now. 

14 REPLIES 14

Jeff_Reeves
On our wavelength

I am getting the same thing - several attempts to reset password appear to be successful but logging in gives -

Sorry, we didn’t recognise those details

Please note that passwords are case-sensitive, so check that your caps lock is set correctly and try again.

I have come to this community site because no other Virgin service is responding at present.

Hi @Jeff_Reeves thanks for posting and welcome back to our community 

I am sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your online account.  Can you please confirm you're referring to a mobile account?

Regards

Lee_R

Jeff_Reeves
On our wavelength

Hi Lee_R, Yes the account which having problems is my mobile account with userid [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Thanks for confirming Jeff_Reeves

Can I ask if you've tried an alternative browser?  Or even deleting your browsing history and cache before taking the steps you've referred to?

Regards

Lee

Jeff_Reeves
On our wavelength

Thanks Lee,

I just have Safari on my Apple iMac. I have checked delete browsing history but I see that it deletes all my keychains - I do not wish to do that.

I have just tried logging in on my mobile with a new password and that works!

What do I do next?

Jeff

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jeff_Reeves

So if you log in on your iMac with the same password, this doesn't work?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis,

Yes the password for Virgin Mobile that I recently reset which works on my iPhone is rejected on the iMac with - Sorry, we didn’t recognise those details

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jeff_Reeves, 

So sorry for the random questioning, are you able to access google chrome or firefox, and see if you can change your password via that browser if you are still having the same issue can you share a screenshot of the error message you are getting, please?

Zoie

Hi Zoie,

I don't have Crome or Firefox but Safari on my iMac works for many other websites I use that require login/password mostly held in my keychains so I don't have to keep typing the details. This what I would expect Virgin Mobile to do. Why is it different from all the others?

The error message from Virgin Mobile is Sorry, we didn’t recognise those details.