cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parked order

palee0219
Joining in

hello,

I am a Virgin Mobile and Broadband customer for years.

I have currently an expired phone contract, so I assumed I can easily swap for a new deal.

I found one that is better than my current one, and I would have a phone with it as well.

I placed my order this morning out of office hours. Now I checked on it and the order says it is "parked".

I checked around this forum what it means, and I found some upsetting news.

Most of them were kind of old, so those might have been changed.

Is there any way to speed up the process of my order?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HI palee0219

I can take look at this for you

Although we have no way of speeding this up for you 

I am guessing that I can only tell you what has been advised above already 

Our Forum pages are more to help with faults and any sales package issues are out of our support scope 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello palee0219,

Sadly we are not able to speed any orders up.

This happens when an order is placed online, and it needs to go through extra checks. Unlike when you do this on the phone, an agent is able to provide the information there and then. If the team needs more information from you, they would usually contact you in 24-72 hours, if not the order would be released. The other reason why this may be parked would be because the credit check had failed.

Gareth_L

When I joined VM years ago I just went to an outside "van" in a town centre, and filled up some papers and got a contract and SIM straigh away.

Since that contract is not changed to current prices but got raised I thought I am going to get a new contract with a phone included.

So I checked your deals and found one that is £5 cheaper than my current one (with the same amount of data etc) and I thought it would be just a simple process to change my contract to the new one with the new 36 month long plan instead of my 1 month contract and deliver me a phone which is included in the deal.

I just actually do not understand why would there be any neccessary action taken on your side in this situation, while I am getting promotional calls every month from VM centres offering me new phones and contracts.

Those would have been better for me to accept? Cause the operators told me they could do it straight away and send me a brand new phone the next day.

I saw I cannot give personal details in this forum and that I cannot message admins/ moderators without them contacting me first, but I would like to share more information with you, and then you would understand why am I surprised about this situation.

HI palee0219

I can take look at this for you

Although we have no way of speeding this up for you 

I am guessing that I can only tell you what has been advised above already 

Our Forum pages are more to help with faults and any sales package issues are out of our support scope 

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi palee0219

Quick message to see if you have been able to get this resolved now 

Gareth_L

Laurenlils
Joining in

Hi, so I have been trying to log into my account and I am awaiting a phone number so unable to log into my account because I have forgot my password. 

I cannot change my password without a virgin phone number but I need to log into my account so I can track my order 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Laurenlils

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, have you already registered an online account with us when you're talking about changing the password for it or are you trying to register a brand new one?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have an account but waiting on my sim to arrive with my number and everything like that. So I cannot change my password 

Hi @Laurenlils thanks for your reply.

Apologies as it's a little unclear - have you already registered previously online, or are you trying to set up an online account for the first time to access your account information? Have you logged in successfully previously?

Many thanks

Tom_W

I set up an online account yesterday, I then forgot my password and now I’m unsure on how I am able to get into my account