Menu
infidel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

PHONE Virgin big data PAYG

I seem to be getting charged £2 each time I switch on my Phone I have the Virgin big data package I hardly use it so I am not using lots of internet time Just the odd looks at the news now and again 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PHONE Virgin big data PAYG

Hi infidel,

have you topped your PAYG phone up with £10 or more the previous month in order to receive your data reward?

If not £2 is the daily charge for upto 200MB data (another £2 for each 200MB thereafter).

Your phone is likely to automatically connect to 3G when turned on. If you want to prevent this you must disable mobile data in your phone's settings.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos
Barneygoogle
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I recently upgraded to a smartphone (finally). (I have been on Virgin PAYG for over 20 years). I switched off data roaming, but was concerned that I might be still using data. I checked my balance and I had used about £6 in three days. After giving the balance, the voice offered a choice to "find out" about Big Data. I selected the option and was told I was now on Big Data! It all seems very confusing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Barneygoogle,

"Data roaming" refers to mobile data used outside of the UK so would not prevent your phone from connecting to and using mobile data here at home.

As a PAYG customer unless you have an allowance this will cost you £2 pr day for 200MB.

See HERE for charges for your plan.

If you don't have an allowance and don't want to keep paying £2, you need to disable mobile data. (Typically for Android, drag your finger down from the top of the screen. You'll see some setting options - you want to "cross out" mobile data, represented by little up and down arrows).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
0 Kudos