cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG credit refund

pjt50
Joining in

We've just left Virgin Mobile because the PAYG service was ending.  My partner ported her number to a new provider last week.

I read in the press that we had up to a year to reclaim the outastanding credit.  My partner has just phoned 789 & was told that, because she's already ported her number,  her credit has been lost.

Surely this can't be true.  She needed to use Virgin up until the time the number was ported so couldn't reclaim the credit before that.

Can anybody suggest how to resolve this, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi cdm1000

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I'll send a PM now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pjt50,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome back, as the number has now been taken and the account closed any credits would now have gone, this would have had to be done while the account was active, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Paul.

So where was this explained? Certainly not in the communications or anywhere on the website (as far as I could see)?

So just to be clear:

(1)  We had an account with Virgin with over £40 in it which we couldn't use because Virgin withdrew the service.  We're entitled to have the credit refunded.

(2)  Without any warning Virgin has closed the account and pocketed the money.

Is that correct? If so, it's not good enough. It's just a Virgin money making scam.

Hi pjt50,

I appreciate the PAYG has gone this is correct , the account was closed due to the number going to another company?

Regards

Paul.

Yes, but where was this explained?  My partner was relying on the Virgin service up to the moment the porting took place so how could she reclaim the credit before that?

I'll take this up with Complaints.  So glad to be leaving Virgin Mobile.

Hi pjt50, When we first sent out the communication advising the service was ending we did advise customers to use and balance they had on the account?

Regards

Paul.

But at the same time we were being told that we would be able to claim the money back - as we should seeing Virgin was withdrawing the service.  It's all a bit of a shambles.

Hi @pjt50

Was it you or your partner who was the account holder please?

Let us know and we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Thanks.  My partner was the account holder.  I can provide any required details - or I can ask her to continue under her name.

Good morning, thanks for coming back to me. If you can get your partner to post on here then we can help 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team