Menu
Highlighted
Rpmpipster
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

PAC transfer times

After obtaining my PAC code from o2 to switch to virgin mobile on the 22nd Dec , I was told it would switch over on the 28th Dec . On the 28th Dec my o2 no stopped working and to this date I still haven’t got it back yet ? Is this normal ? .
As a self employed electrician i need my no to receive work and over the Christmas period by not having a no I have lost so much work I dread to think how much custom I have missed :/ .
It’s been 10 days now , how long does it usually take and is there a chance that they have lost my no ?
0 Kudos
enlli
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: PAC transfer times

No, it's not normal. A couple of hours at the most. However, I keep hearing tales of woe on here.

Can only suggest you ring.  0345 6000 789 if you have no access to a Virgin phone or landline.

0 Kudos
Rpmpipster
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just to keep everyone informed it’s now the 6th Feb and I still haven’t got my no back ! After numerous (it packets opened) and my phone being blocked from outward phone calls , being given new SIM card with a new no ( in which I shared with other people ) and 2 managers looking into it . After being on the 0345 no for numerous hours on hold and being cutoff by the virgin help line people 3 times now and only got told yesterday the free phone no to phone ( I’ve been charged on my landline all this time 0345 no ) I am not amused !!!!!! This is beyond a joke now and I have never never had worse customer service by anyone ! I really don’t know where to go next , if I could take my no with me I’d go back to o2 tommorow but I can’t
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there 

thank you for posting on our forums

Have you had any luck with this since your last post?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Rpmpipster
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Nope 52 days and counting :/
0 Kudos
Rpmpipster
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Finally got my number after 53 days , am now trying to get compensation have been offered £35 lol that’s a insult after all the hassle constant paid phone calls I’ve had to make , been on hold for god knows how many hours and hung up on 6 times !!! Not to mention the confusion with the joint SIM cards and not being able to phone out from my mobile for nearly 4 weeks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, i'm glad to hear that you have been able to get this porting issue sorted.

Did you tell the team you were unhappy with this £35 being offered and if so what did they advise?

Nathan B

0 Kudos
Rpmpipster
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes they offered me £40 but as I’ve been unable to use my phone for nearly 2 months ( £51 a month ) I took that as a insult :/ . Not sure what happens next ?

0 Kudos
Rpmpipster
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes they offered me £40 but as I’ve been unable to use my phone for nearly 2 months ( £51 a month ) I took that as a insult :/ . Not sure what happens next ? Also no real reason why it took sooo long to transfer no . ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rpmpipster,

A credit can only be made against your tariff price and not the total cost of the plan and handset. So we can apply a 2 month credit based on how much you've paid for the tariff in that time and not had the service, as well as any further goodwill gesture amount they feel necessary.

If you want to dispute it further then please do so by calling the team. If no further resolution is met then they will deadlock your complaint which means a letter will be sent which you can take to CISAS for alternative dispute resolution. All this is mentioned in our Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos