cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC Code Transfer now on day 6

Vkysween
On our wavelength

I have chased and chased but still not resolved.

New sim was put in phone on the 31st January.  Text received saying PAC code confirmed and last day with my last provider will be 1st February.  I am now on day 6 with no access to my number.

I have missed calls from my doctor who have had to leave voicemails on my husbands phone as im unreachable. Not being able to track my children due to not being able to log in to icloud due to 2 figure authentication being needed and the fact they cant call me in an emergency.  Plus many, many more issues.

Constantly being told its with IT and now its with 'back office' 

How much longer am I going to need to wait until I can use what I am paying for!? £18 credit is all good and well but I would rather have a working phone line!

23 REPLIES 23

Click on the above link

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Vkysween,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your number transfer. I can understand how frustrating this can be. 

I can see that you've been in touch with our Mobile team earlier today and that an IT ticket has been raised to have this issue investigated further. We do apologise about any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Our teams will be working hard to have this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good morning,

Now on day 8 since inserting the sim card and my number has still not transferred over.  Surely this should be a priority when phones are relied on so much.

I cannot track my children due to needing 2 figure authentication. My children cannot contact me in an emergency!! 

I can’t log in to work apps due to text codes being needed to log in. 

I am also diabetic and have no way of accessing my app due to the same reasons as above.

SORT THIS OUT!!!! 

Vkysween
On our wavelength

Not sure if switching will work in the middle of a switch 😩 Virgin have been a joke! Something thats meant to take 24 hours and im on day 8. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Vkysween,

Thanks for coming back to us. We do apologise about this. Our IT team is still working on having this issue resolved. We understand how frustrating this must be for you and your family.

We do apologise that this has been an ongoing issue for a few days now, but we're doing all we can to rectify this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Is there any update for me today? 
Can you please explain the issue that you are having and give me a completion date to have this fixed? 

Day 9! 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does your old SIM still work? If so use that for now. At least you will have access to the stuff you need.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vkysween
On our wavelength

Nope! The thing is I can make calls from the number but the calls are very broken,  but I can't receive texts or calls. Virgin have been useless at trying to resolve this or give me any answers.