cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing email

mkearley
Joining in

Why do I get the following message when sending a reply to a company. There is no problem in sending emails to any other address.

Cannot send mail

The connection to the outgoing server "smtp.virginmedia.com" failed. Additional Outgoing Mail Servers can be configured for mail accounts in Settings>Mail>Accounts.

I get the same message on my pc & ipad.

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mkearley,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are facing issues sending Emails to one specific company, have you tried contacting them to if they have any settings which are blocking the Emails?

Regards

Paul.

The company have at least 3 email addresses, I have tried all of them & still get the same reply.

It does sound like an issue their end especially as you have no issues with any other Emails, have you tried using a 3rd party Email to contact them, does the same happen?

Regards

Paul.

Yes, I have 2 different accounts.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mkearley,

Thanks for coming back to us. Does the same issue happen when you try to email them from a different email address?

Have you tried emailing using a different device to see if this can help clear the issue? Let us know! 

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs