cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old number

BillyBaker
Just joined

Hi, I am a current Virgin Mobile customer with 2 numbers on my account.  Recently 1 of these numbers was deactivated and I wished to take the number across to another provider while still keeping the other number active with Virgin mobile.  Referring back to a previous conversation in August I was told to phone back after deactivation and ask for the PAC code to the number in question.  I did that and I was told that the only way this is possible was to reactivate the number and then re-request the PAC code so I could transfer number to new provider.  I understood the process and was happy to continue but I had to go through a credit check so the number could be reactivated, guess what I failed the credit check and was now told that I would not be allowed to carry the number over because of this reason.  I really really want to keep that number so please Is anyone able to help me on this matter please. Thanks for reading.  

(Number was previously associated to a VM package that Is now finished with)

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @BillyBaker, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums 👋

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the porting of the mobile number 😞
Unfortunately if the credit checks have failed, we wouldn't be able to get the account active.
Have you tried getting in touch with Experian or Equifax to see what's causing it to fail? And then from then on we can assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs