Menu
duncan100974
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Number porting issue

Hi and thanks for support in advance.

I came over to virgin mobile on a Black Friday deal and since then have had nothing but problems.
I ported an existing number which should have completed on 14th Dec. The number has ported in terms of making a call to it but to iMessage it you have to use the number VM issued. Therefore it appears the 1 account has 2 numbers attached to it.
I’ve called many times and even though staff have tried to help it’s not stopped the issue.
I’m on my 3rd SIM card so it would be great to sort this out. This is for my sons phone so would like this resolving ASAP.
I was considering getting and iPhone 8 Plus or X from you for myself and porting another number to you but based on this experience there’s not a chance in hell thats going to happen unless someone can sort this once and for all.

Thanks for your help and support.
0 Kudos
duncan100974
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Number porting issue

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can offer any help. Having in essence 2 numbers, 1 for calls and another for iMessage is odd. I wonder if the original VM number is attached to the data and the ported number is attached to the calls and texts?
0 Kudos
duncan100974
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Can anyone from Virgin mobile help with this issue please as contact centre don’t seem to be able to.
Thanks.
0 Kudos
duncan100974
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This is getting worse. In the last day or so outgoing call have stopped work in lost 4g. However Virgin are happy to bill me for a service I am not receiving. 

0 Kudos
duncan100974
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi finally sorted the problem but only after speaking to someone who could think around the issue rather than following a script.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Daniel_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi duncan100974

Thanks for your post.
Truly sorry about the delay in response and the issue you had getting this resolved.

I'm however glad to here this has since been resolved

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos