cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not updated credit report

Rachelle678
Joining in

I contacted you numerous times across the year, trying to chase unpaid accounts on my credit file which show as default. I paid this in April of this year and was promised this would be removed from my credit file. So imagine my surprise 6 months later our mortgage gets declined again. Checking Experian it has been removed. Equifax is still showing as defaulted and balance owing. Im really not happy as we may have lost another house when I was assured this would be sorted. Please can someone look into this asap. I have already emailed the credit file team but we are hoping to get this pushed through. Please can someone help?  Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Rachelle678, and a very warm welcome to you!

We're sorry to hear that this default is still showing and has preventing you getting a mortgage on the house you wanted.

Can you confirm if you've spoken to Equifax directly in regards to this?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I have tried and had no success. They simple said it should have been updated 4-6 weeks after you informed them of the update. But obviously that’s not happened. This is frustrating and stressful. I want to ensure that virgin have contacted them to tell them. 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm very sorry to hear this @Rachelle678

I'm going to pop you a PM for more details so we can ensure we've contacted them regarding this.

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Just wanted to reply and say thank you! Was removed and mortgage went through within two weeks 🙂 and all completed. Thank you for your great customer service!

We're glad to hear that has all been sorted for you Rachelle678.

^Martin