cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing Oomph 5GB Sim in media account

HMB42
On our wavelength

I have changed to a Fibre Broadband and Home Phone Oomph package as my PAYG was disappearing.  It includes an Oomph 5GB Sim card.  When I check on my online Virgin Mobile Account, everything shows up as fine.  However, when I sign into my Virgin Media account there is no mention of my Sim and in fact I see a message to specifically say I have no Oomph Sim, which is not true. 

"You do not currently have an Oomph bundle. If you have a Virgin Mobile, please log in to your Mobile account."

I was told by the agent I spoke to my media account would update with the Oomph 5GB Sim details within 24 hours, this has not happened and all I see in My Package is my Broadband and Phone nothing else.

What needs to happen so that I can see my Sim in my media account, as well as on the Virgin Media app for my media account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello HMB42

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query in regards to the Oomph SIM and it not showing in your online account, we can understand the confusion this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile services work on different systems, the Oomph SIM won't show in your Virgin Media online account. If you have set up a Virgin Mobile online account you should be able to see the SIM in there and although the SIM card is free you will still receive a monthly bill. As long as there are no additionally charged items (usage outside of your allowances) this should show zero but a breakdown of any additional charges can be found on the bill if any do appear.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello HMB42

Thanks for taking the time to raise your query in regards to the Oomph SIM and it not showing in your online account, we can understand the confusion this can cause and appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

As Virgin Media and Virgin Mobile services work on different systems, the Oomph SIM won't show in your Virgin Media online account. If you have set up a Virgin Mobile online account you should be able to see the SIM in there and although the SIM card is free you will still receive a monthly bill. As long as there are no additionally charged items (usage outside of your allowances) this should show zero but a breakdown of any additional charges can be found on the bill if any do appear.

Rob

HMB42
On our wavelength

Hi Rob,

Thanks for explaining the situation to me.  It was not made clear at the time when my Sim was changed from PAYG to monthly.  In fact, I was told that my Oomph Sim would show up in my package on the media account within 24 hours.

We're sorry for any miscommunication or incorrect information offered @HMB42.

It may be worth setting up a self-care account for the mobile services to keep tabs on this

Kindest regards,

David_Bn