cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No tone when dialling number

pete13
Tuning in

Hi, When I dial a number on my (basic) mobile. I'm used to hearing the familiar 'dialling number' sound when  the number is being called.  .  But a few days ago that has not been happening.  The first sound I hear is when the other end answers (human or answerphone as the case may be) and the call is connected, and we can then talk with no problems in either direction.  Everything else on my mobile is fine as usual, and it rings/beeps as always wiith incomings.   I've verified this further by calling my own landline.  Everything's fine, except for the above issue.  Shouldn't we be hearing that nice, friendly tone when we're making a call?

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for letting me know @pete13

I'd like to take a closer look at this with you and see if we can figure this out. 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can look into it, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @pete13

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, it does seem very strange! 

Can I ask if you are able to try the SIM in another handset? If so does the same issue occur?

Thank you.

Hi Ash_C,

Thanks so much for that.  No, I only have the one mobile.  It's a Doro PhoneEasy (basic phone) and working OK in all other ways.  It's just possible that the no-tone issue started at my monthly refresh date, I'm not sure - and I can't imagine how this would affect the number-dialling tone.

Only two things I can think of: (1) that it is some transient network generated quirk that will vanish as mysteriously as it appeared. ...And (2) The SIM may be more than 4 years old - I can't remember exactly.  It could be 5 years.  Could it be that I should be asking Virgin Mobile's Customer Care wizards to check if they think I need to be sent a new SIM?

Thanks again for your attention, and I'll be interested in your thoughts on the above.  

keep well!

Thank you for letting me know @pete13

I'd like to take a closer look at this with you and see if we can figure this out. 

I'm going to send you a PM now so we can look into it, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.

Such great help you gave me with this issue, Ash. You put a lot of effort towards solutions.
Thanks ever so! Pete

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ah so glad Ash was able to help @pete13

If you have any issues from here, please let us know and we'll happily assist further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide