cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim

BlushingBelle
Tuning in

So I’m a bit perplexed… surely VM know that when your sim is not working you cannot call or text from your device yet that is the only option to order a new sim?!
My sim suddenly stopped working yesterday afternoon and I need to order a new one 9184BC70-77E7-4DB5-916C-F07C893057A1.jpeg

14 REPLIES 14

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BlushingBelle,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am really sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your mobile services lately. Would you mind confirming what checks you've done thus far in an effort to try and remedy this? This is just ensure that this is definitely a SIM card related fault.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hey Zach_R thanks for your reply 

so I’ve done power off, power on, sim removed checked & reinstalled, software update, power on off again, and again and repeat all steps again just to be sure lol then did it all again under VM instructions 😂

Hi @BlushingBelle,

Thank you for getting back to me on this. Is it possible for you to check (if you haven't done so already) if the SIM works in another handset? If it doesn't then it'll be SIM related, but if it does then it'll mean the issue lies elsewhere.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It’s definitely sim not working in old handset either

Hi @BlushingBelle,

Thank you for checking and confirming. I just wanted to be sure so we can advise accordingly and make sure we get this sorted out for you ASAP.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can investigate and advise further. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Brilliant thanks 😊 

Hey Zach not received your private message 🤷🏼‍♀️

Hi @BlushingBelle,

It should definitely be with you now. Be sure to get back to me there when you can.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New sim arrived yesterday but has not activated.. I have the pin and unlock code but it hasn’t asked for them and obviously can’t text switch from the old sim as it’s not recognised.