cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New sim request

HelenPerks362
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I have recently upgraded by package with virgin on all services. I've got the o2 sim but that not my issue, I have chosen to keep my virgin mobile sim that is on the EE network also. Because I really like it.

Recently We have had some upgrades in my area by EE and I have also changed my phone and since then my sim keeps losing connection to the network. It shows me I have signal but no one can get through to me and it goes to voicemail. Coupled with the above, I don't think I have had a new sim card in years. 

Can I have a new sim and is this likely to fix my issues? 

Thanks in advance. 

Helen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HelenParks362,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you're currently having a problem with the signal in your area. Our SIM Cards don't operate on the EE network, and depending on the SIM will be on either the Vodafone, or O2 network. Are these problems happening indoors, or outdoors?

How long ago did you roughly begin to see issues with the SIM? Are you able to try it in another device?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @HelenParks362,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you're currently having a problem with the signal in your area. Our SIM Cards don't operate on the EE network, and depending on the SIM will be on either the Vodafone, or O2 network. Are these problems happening indoors, or outdoors?

How long ago did you roughly begin to see issues with the SIM? Are you able to try it in another device?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Sorry for the delay I have been away.

Interesting that you say your sims don't work on EE, I have a Virgin sim that does work on the EE network. I have never been on the Vodafone network with Virgin and was a Vodafone customer before transferring my services to Virgin who I was told at the time worked on the EE network. In fact your own website say this... 

Are all mobile services from Virgin Media now delivered on the O2 network?

No. If you’re an existing Mobile customer with Virgin Media, your mobile service will continue to be delivered by Virgin Media using the EE or Vodafone network. You may be able to transfer to an O2 service in the future.

Anyway, thank you for ordering the sim card on one of the numbers on my account but was actually the number ending in 483 that I need the new sim card for please?

Thanks in advance

H

Hi HelenPerks362,

Thanks for coming back to us. Apologies that we did not order a sim card for your number ending 483. We can certainly get this arranged for you.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details and get this arranged for you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi HelenPerks362,

Just a quick note to say your new sim card has been ordered as requested. This will arrive in the next 5-7 days by Royal mail.

Kind regards Jodi.