cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone keeps saying it'll be delivered but isn't

Cup-a-frog
Joining in

Hi all, 

I ordered a phone on the black Friday deals and I've had a few issues so far. 

Number one being that they said it would arrive within 2 days of ordering (2 weeks ago). I know it's busy and apparently they ran out of stock, but the deal still had 24 hours left before it expired when I ordered so I expected the phone in the time window they gave. 

After contacting Virgin about the problem they said it would arrive on the 11th, so already 2 weeks later that said. So the 11th was yesterday now, no phone still. When looking on my orders it said it was due to arrive yesterday, then this morning they switched it to today. I contacted the "live chat" if you can even call it that. They said apparently that date is when it arrives in the warehouse not with me, then that guy disappeared so I ended up talking to someone else who said that is the date it arrives with me. 

Now I just got an email through to say it'll arrive on the 11th... So yesterday. How can they send an email today to say the phone will be with me yesterday? Incompetent. 

I checked the tracking with yodel on the email and it hasn't even been given to yodel yet. Why are they so bad at what they do? Don't tell me it's been sent and is with the courier if it actually isn't. 

I STILL don't know when it's arriving because every day it says it's meant to on my account comes and goes and there's still no actual update from yodel, since they don't even have it. 

On top of all that they've put the price up by £6 since I ordered it and no matter who I talk to about it they avoid the subject. 

Thanks for reading.

5 REPLIES 5

pavmas
Dialled in

Yip they will say we will have to re-order it as it's lost or delivered to the wrong address, then you will find a waiting list as none in stock for 2 months, they had no phone in the first place, why do I know,? because they did the same to me 2 years ago the exact same for the Iphone 12, I was moving all contracts over to Virgin from EE and my sons was the last, I never re-ordered as it was 2-month wait and took a new contract out with EE instead and got the phone next day. There was a big post about it 2 years ago and we asked why did they lie to customers instead of telling us the truth, seems they still do the same tactics.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Cup-a-frog.

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had this experience, this isn't the level of service that we aim to provide. 

I have managed to locate your account & can see that you have managed to speak with the team and cancel the order is that correct? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hello, no the order hasn't been cancelled. They said they'd post it out and I could send it back and cancel after that because apparently you can't cancel it after signing the agreement until it's arrived. I still have no idea when it's meant to arrive, as all they've said is that they've posted it but Yodel say it's still with you. 

So far we're getting nowhere with it and all the account says it that it's meant to he delivered 2 days ago.

Screenshot_20211213_095848_com.android.chrome.jpg

 I've just logged into the account and not only does it say you've already dispatched it (yodel says you haven't), you've also put a £12 charge for use outside of my plan. I DON'T EVEN HAVE THE PHONE. how am I meant to have used anything outside of the plan when I don't even have the damn phone? 

This is the worst service I've ever used in my life. You can't charge me when I don't even have it, and you can't lie about having sent it just because I made a complaint.

If you've not actually posted it stop lying, and remove the charge because I'm not paying ridiculous fees for a phone I don't even have.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I can remove the charge for you but you will need to contact Yodel for further updates on the where about's of the phone. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information.

Kind regards,

Zak_M