cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone - £100 trade in promo code

bringmethecakes
Joining in

I’ll keep this short. Back in October I ordered the iPhone 12 Pro and Apple Watch bundle. When ordering I also was entitled to the £100 extra for trading in my old phone (my own phone not through vought from virgin).  

I received a sms from virgin back in November stating I would receive the code within 21 days. Well that has came and gone and nothing. 

I speak to the support team via sms who tell me just to go ahead with the trade in and it will miraculously give me an extra £100 once it’s complete.....despite it asking for the promo code during the brightstar trade in. 

see the blatant blagging from multiple virgin support staff : screenshots below 

https://ibb.co/FnSMXHj
https://ibb.co/pfLR9bD
https://ibb.co/gzfvFqN

So now I’ve started the trade in as advised (without entering the promo code that I was told I would receive). I know I won’t just somehow get this £100 extra this way but atleast I have proof of what virgin has advised. 

also raised a complaint 10 days ago via the complaints form on the virgin site. No response but again that’s no surprise. 

Can anyone help?

35 REPLIES 35

Just a quick update, since posting on here this morning, I have just tried the promo code(that wasn't working) again and to my great suprise its actually worked and added £100 to the value of my phone that I am trading in. So fingers crossed that the remaing part of the transaction now runs smoothly.

Thanks, just tried again myself and looks to be working fine now. Valuation of my phone has dropped massively since last night but at least the code is working!

Yes worked for me too, Virgin IT obviously did sort it!  Phone all sent off, now let’s see how much they reduce the payment by on an immaculate phone (not that I’m sceptical).

Yes, not sceptical myself either.

Bit annoyed to be honest, my phone was valued at £135 when the code wouldn't work, and had been valued at that for weeks. Suddenly the code works but the valuation had dropped to £79. Had the code been issued within the 21 days in the first place, or worked when it was sent, I wouldn't have lost out on 50 quid!

Hello NickKennedy86

Thanks for getting back to us to advise the issue has now been resolved with the code given now working. Apologies for the delays, when you have spoken to the team have they advised the reason for the difference?

Obviously, prices and valuations change over time but from what you have advised the delays were due to an IT issue here.

Rob

I understand that prices and valuations change, but you are correct in that the valuation decrease wouldn't have been an issue if not for the IT issues. My concern is that Brightstar will do all they can to reduce the price as it is, so the higher valuation gave at least some wiggle room.

I haven't spoken to anybody over it as, to be totally honest, I don't have any confidence in getting anywhere before my phone value reduces to zero.

Let us know how you get on with Brightstar NickKennedy86.

Thanks

Rob

Money has gone into my account today at the full amount, to say I’m shocked (and thrilled) is an understatement.  Been a huge pain in the butt getting this cash back so pleased it’s all done and dusted.  I never received any notifications from Brightstar, just sent the phone off last Thursday and in account today.

Excellent news @AnnieF72. Sent mine yesterday, couldn't be bothered arguing about the valuation decrease, your experience fills me with a little more confidence that it won't be dropped much more! 

Thanks for the update!

Hi AnnieF72, 
Thanks for coming back to us and updating things. 
We're glad things are resolved for you now. If you have any further issues going forward then you know where we are.
Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs