cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Virgin Mobile Contract

hannah_stapley
Joining in

Hi All,

Has anyone had any issues opening a phone (and mobile device) contract recently?

I placed an order on the 2nd which was immediately parked, have chased multiple times since and get told something different each time. 
I spoke to someone from Virgin on the 6th who said they didn’t understand why my order had been parked (my credit score is very good, no issues with payments elsewhere etc) and they’d look into it and come back to me within 24 to 48 hours. A few days later I hadn’t heard back so went onto webchat to be told my order was cancelled. Gave up on the contract with Virgin and have started looking elsewhere, but have just been called by Virgin again to ask what’s happening with my online order! 
The person on the call said that I’d need to open a new annual account to redo my order as it had been cancelled - very strange? Perhaps just the wrong terminology used..
I asked why my order had been cancelled and nobody had informed me - apparently because I didn’t answer the call from the fraud team on the 6th to verify my details.. I explained that I did answer the call on the 6th and the handler was going to investigate for me but must have immediately cancelled the order instead. 

Around the same time my partner has also tried opening a contract with Virgin Mobile and had similar issues - he is also awaiting a callback.
I’m just wondering if this is standard for VM and everything is always this painful or if our address has been blacklisted from previous owners or something along those lines?

Thanks, Hannah

3 REPLIES 3

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @hannah_stapley,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your mobile order!

I completely understand your frustration and I do apologise that your order has been cancelled without you knowing. In order to look into this further, we would advise you contact our mobile team directly on 0345 600 0789.

Our team will be able to assist with your mobile account query and set it up again in full. I do apologise that you've had some issues with this process so far, however our Mobile team will be able to assist further.

It may be the case that this happened due to the missed call back, however our Mobile team will be able to process this further for you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the reply Paulina - I did try contacting them multiple times and got sent round in circles. Last time I spoke with someone a week or so ago, they were investigating for me and I’ve heard nothing since, so can only assume that case was closed without my knowledge too. I’ve now opened a contract with another provider (with no issues at all). 

Hi hannah_stapley, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and letting us know you've decided to go elsewhere for your contract. 

Usually when an order is parked, it means we need to double check a few things with you before we can accept the order. It could just be as simple as confirming payment details or could be that there is a discrepancy and sometimes it can be related to credit history. It doesn't always mean that the order hasn't been accepted or will be cancelled.

We can only apologise that this happened without your knowledge but wish you the best with your new provider.  

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs