Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIMM

Tiesys1
On our wavelength

Hi,

Hope someone can help??

I have moved my Virgin contract around (including including the billing of my phone into my new t.v/ internet bundle).

I have been sent a new SIMM with a new mobile attached but I don't know if I can keep my existing phone number (or my contacts).

I am assuming once I get a PUK code I should be able to keep number etc?

Thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES 3

Corey_C

Thanks for your post, Mike.

Are you saying you got a new package and you want to put your existing Virgin Mobile number on this new package? If so, then a PAC will not work, a PAC is only for moving your number from one mobile phone provider to another provider.

Cheers,

Corey C

Tiesys1
On our wavelength
Hi Corey
Thanks for coming back to me and apologies for the delay in responding.

The situation is that I had a Virgin Media account for t.v. and Internet and two mobiles on my Virgin mobile phone account.

I was going to leave Virgin media for Internet and T.V. but keep the mobiles in place.

After speaking with the disconnections/ retentions team, we agreed I would stay be creating a reduced t.v. package and adding a new SIMM card to the mobile account, which would remove the cost of my current mobile, and the new SIMM be included in my new monthly package.
I made the assumption that when I activate the new SIMM card I would be able to keep my original mobile number so I am trying to establish if that is the case?

What I don't want to do is activate the new SIMM and lose my mobile number.

Ideally I need to establish this before I become committed to a new 18 month contract.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for your reply Mike, 

It sounds like you have a new Oomph bundled SIM and then your other SIM tha you already had and you want to move your phone number from this SIM to the new Oomph bundle SIM. I've sent you a private message to take a look at your account.  But if I'm correct then there are two ways to achieve what you want. You can use a PAC to transfer your number out and away from Virgin then port it back in on top of the new Oomph SIM. Or the mobile team can convert the existing SIM to the Oomph bundle...this option means, you are subjected to another credit check.

Check your inbox for my private message

Thanks,

Corey C