Menu
Highlighted
Khatru
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New SIM problem with BT Call Guardian

I hope someone can help.

I have a BT telephone for my Virgin Landline.  The BT phone runs a system called Call Guardian that screens calls from numbers I haven't authorised.  CG works very well indeed and I've gone from receiving daily nuisance/scam calls to none at all.

Phone numbers that I have authorised are not filtered out, they come straight through.

One authorised number is my IPhone which is on Virgin Media.  

When I received my new VM SIM card, I installed it and more or less immediately, CG started to screen my mobile number even though it was on my list of authorised numbers.

It was only my mobile thatbwas being blocked so I rang for help.  Once I'd explained what was happening, the guy on the phone told me thatbthis was a known problem and it would be resolved in approximately 7 days.  

It's been about 10 days now and I still can't ring my home phone from my mobile.

Please can someone help?

0 Kudos
teabag
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New SIM problem with BT Call Guardian

The new SIM's/system has a problem at present where the mobile number shows as unavailable on Virgin landlines, the problem is reported and being worked on - but don't know where the fixed in 7 days come from, at the moment we're in month 5 with the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Khatru
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that!

Pretty shabby to send out the SIM to Virgin Media customers knowing that it's going to cause them problems.

What's more, if they've been working on it for five months without success, it hardly bodes well.

I guess the answer is to find a different provider where this isn't an issue.

Cheers
0 Kudos
teabag
Wise owl
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have no idea how complex the problem is, it was fixed about a month ago - but it caused another problem where you could not ring 101 or 111, so they had to revert back and start looking at it again.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Khatru
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah well - with a bit of luck they may sort it soon!

0 Kudos