cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SIM not activating

Bradley1
Tuning in

New replacement SIM is not activating, Only thing I am getting is an occasional notification saying Sim 1 not provisioned, I then placed the SIM into Sim slot 2. This didn't give me the error message so I left it in SIM slot 2 overnight hoping it would activate. It has sadly still not activated.   

Any help with this matter would be appreciated, 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details Bradley1, I have activated your sim card now. Please can you reboot your handset and your sim should then be working for you.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bradley1,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your SIM.

Have you changed your number recently with us? What model is your handset?
Do you know if your SIM was self-activated or if you had to call to active?

Let us know and we will do our best to assist 🙂 

Zoie

Hi, 

No my number is still the same, approximately 3 weeks ago I made a forum post here asking to get a replacement sim for my damaged one, It turned up a little over a week a go and have placed it in my OnePlus 6 like all my other SIMs in the past and usually with my other SIMs all I have had to do is just insert it and input the activation pin 7890 upon restart. 

I was assuming that the Replacement SIM that was sent would be activated the same way as my past one.  

Thanks for coming back to us Bradley1, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details Bradley1, I have activated your sim card now. Please can you reboot your handset and your sim should then be working for you.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for all the help It is now activated and working fine

You're very welcome Bradley1 and thanks for letting me know that its working now 😊

Thanks

Steven_L