Menu
Yvo
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Network connection issue - Roaming

Hi. I have visited France on a regular basis for over 5 years. Previously, I have had no problems with roaming. However, last year(?) Virgin sent me a new sim card (which I didn't request). Since then, I have had the following problems:

(1) I get an intermittent message which flashes up on screen for approx 2 seconds "sim card data is refreshing". How can I stop this?

(2) Connection to a Network- there are 4 networks available in France - on the face of it - although on my husband's old phone, using the old sim, he has a choice of 5. However,  I am only able to connect to 2 networks. With the other 2, I get either a message that says " your sim card does not allow you to connect to this network (Orange F) or "try again later" - forever - on the Free network.

I have also had the same problem when roaming in Jamaica and trying to connect to their biggest network, Digicel. My husband, with his old phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) has none of these problems. What is going on and is there a fix?

I am going to South Africa in January. Will I be able to connect to anything? I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Network connection issue - Roaming

Hi there Yvo, welcome to our forums.

i'm sorry to hear of the roaming issues you are now experiencing.

I'm going to send you a private message so I can help further.

Thanks

Nathan B

0 Kudos