cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name change on account

Stefy-May
Tuning in

Good morning everyone. 

I’ve had a look at previous posts and can’t find what I’m looking for.

I’ve recently changed my name via deedpoll ( surname) and when I try to manage my account, I can only change my address.

is it a simple thing to change name?? Post my deed poll off or email?? 

thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stefy-May, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you were unable to find the information you need! We have a help page here on how to change your Name, title or gender on your My VM account. 

We have a change of details form (you can download this in the link provided above) that you complete and return to us, along with a copy of your approved document (or documents in the case of Mobile account name changes) to namechange@virginmedia.co.uk  or via post to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. 

Hope that this answers your question, but please let us know if you need any further support with this and I can send you a PM to help!

All the best. 

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stefy-May, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear you were unable to find the information you need! We have a help page here on how to change your Name, title or gender on your My VM account. 

We have a change of details form (you can download this in the link provided above) that you complete and return to us, along with a copy of your approved document (or documents in the case of Mobile account name changes) to namechange@virginmedia.co.uk  or via post to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA. 

Hope that this answers your question, but please let us know if you need any further support with this and I can send you a PM to help!

All the best. 

Molly

Thank you Molly!

another quick question. Looking at the others items to send along with my change of name deeds.

utility bill..

would a bank statement in my new name be accepted?

Household bills aren’t in my name and still currently awaiting house documents to be changed. So no paperwork with new name on.

No problem! 

I would advise that for the additional document we would require one of the methods listed on the help page - however this is only the case for changing your details on a mobile account. 

Do you have any documents at all with the correct name on as proof? Any bills or bank
If so I would suggest sending this to the team along with your form and request to the support email  (namechange@virginmedia.co.uk ) who will then be able to respond with further support if needed. 

All the best! 

Molly