Menu
Gfirth1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mobile upgrades

Yesterday i was told i could upgrade so i went online which said i hadnt paid my phone off yet so was told i could pay to upgrade and told to call789 they then said nothing was owed 30 mins into call the line disconnected so i called back and went through the same process i chose a samsung s8 with xbox free only to be told i cant have it as my account class wasnt good enough, but i could have the phone without the xbox ?, i currently pay £130 per month for 2 years this is because i go over i was offered a increase of my credit limit to £300 last week they said its my account level is the one below the offer despite it being less than what my exisiting contract is.

So i spent 45 mins on another call being told im not worthy to pay £43.50 despite me paying £52 for two years but going over limits of mins& text data and paying £130 without any missed or late payments no one will explain it to me beggining to get infuriated by virgin customer we dont care service.

I even planned to take a second mobile.

So today im planning to get leave work early to get home ring virgin media to cancel my tv which is £135 my mobile which is another £130 and go to sky for two mobiles & tv bb phone.

Absolutely disgusted.

And will never return 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile upgrades

Hi Gfirth1,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that your order for the Samsung S8 handset with Xbox and tariff has been refused. You will need to contact either Equifax or Experian first to check if your credit file contains anything that would cause the credit rejection.

There are two ways to dispute the credit file rejection:
•    Equifax or Experian can handle your dispute and liaise with us on your behalf. 
•    You can send an email to us directly: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk please note that in order to do this, you will need to contact Equifax or Experian first to verify your credit file is in order.
If emailing us, we will review and respond back with a decision within 14 days.
Please note that you will need to ensure the following:
•    The amendment email needs to be sent by the account holder to ensure that we comply with DPA regulations.
•    You will need to state specifically what you are disputing on the credit file and with which company you have used to view it.
•    You will need to include your full name, the full address and the account number/mobile number.
We will investigate their query and will respond within 14 days via email.

Kind Regards,
Terri
Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Gfirth1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response theres nothing wrong with my credit file hence why you WILL offer me a samsung s8 on the tarriff i want.

You just wont allow me the package with the xbox which is the SAME tarriff and phone but £9 a month more.

The pqckage with the xbox is lower than I have paid you for 2 years

If it was my credit file id be declined not approved , personally the customer service is a joke, no one speaks english to junior school level yoir trust pilot reviews are are hurrendous due to the service & i cant make a complaint as no one knows what it is. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly understand the frustration with this. The team are only able to go off the results of the credit score which if it doesn't pass for that particular contract it's not anything they are able to change.

If you do remain unhappy with this you can raise a complaint as per our complaints code of practice here virg.in/compscop.

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos