cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile service stopped for non usage.Trying to get it back on.

newday
Joining in

Hello.

I recieved a txt from VM telling me the sim would be barred on Mon 19th July so I topped up £5 on the 16th but forgot to make a call so recieved a txt telling me I was barred on the 19th.

I called 789 and had to give my sim serial number and was told it would be un barred in 24 to 48 hours,but it wasn't un barred so I called again and was told I had to register the phone and they would notify me but not heard anything so can anyone tell me when I will be able to use it please.

7 REPLIES 7

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

If this is a PAYG SIM and you have not made a chargeable call or text in the last 90 days then yes the SIM will be de-activated, and I am afraid that what you have been told about being able to re-activate it I am afraid is wrong, once it is de-activated it cannot be re-activated and as Virginmedia no longer do PAYG SIMS they will not be able to replace it.

As well as Virginmedia will be closing all PAYG accounts later this year around October.

This is in the terms and conditions of usage.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Well then,it seems, what a bunch of liars.

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, newday,

Unfortunately, there would be no way to resume the service, however if you need the number we can get a PAC generated for you. I've sent you a private message to confirm your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Now they have sent me a txt msg 

This SIM hasn't been topped up or used recently  so we're planning to suspend it in 14 days,Still want to use it?Just call 789 for help.

Pathetic.

Hi @newday thanks for posting and welcome back to our community. 

I can see my colleague sent you a private message, I cannot see a response.  I will send you a private message myself.

Regards

Lee_R 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @newday

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

Hello Lee_R,

I have no issues with the forum team here, thanks for your help.