cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile not working in Spain

Stanl
Dialled in

I have arrived in Spain after setting up my phone to work while abroad.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work.

My wife is with Virgin Mobile also and it works just fine.

Here roaming settings are identical to mine but for some reason mine just doesn’t work.

Can someone help me please.

16 REPLIES 16

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Stanl

Thanks for the reply!

Would you be able to try your SIM in your wifes phone to see if you're able to pick up any signal at all? Please do keep me updated how you get on and we can investigate further if needs be.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The wife has gone to work her night shift now so I won’t see her until 7pm tomorrow so I’ll give it a try then.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Stanl

No problem, let us know when you can.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

So an update.

Neither of us have any telephone or data anymore.

I have searched for outages and apparently for our postcode O2 are having problems this is their official post

‘Sorry, we’re carrying out some maintenance work in this area.

We’re carrying out some essential work on our network. While we do this, you might have some trouble with your calls, text and data.

Everything should be back to usual by 8pm Sunday 10th April 2022’

We have no service whatsoever which is a pain in the proverbial backside.

If I need to make a call, send a text or use my data I have to get in my car and drive a few miles up the road.

Dreadful…

Hi Stanl,

I am really sorry for all the issues you and your Wife have been facing with your mobile service.

You mentioned that you've checked O2's tracker - can you please clarify if you and your Wife have O2 SIM cards? Or do you have your mobile service with Virgin Media? We use both Vodafone and EE's network currently for our mobile service, so you would need to check the coverage checker accordingly.

Let us know

Beth

OK,

I thought Virgin Mobile was O2 because of the recent merger but this is obviously not the case.

I was with EE previously and cancelled my plan because I could never get a signal at home whereas my wife always had an excellent signal with Virgin Mobile.

Looking at the network services checker my guess is we are with Vodaphone because they are carrying out maintenance which is due to be completed at 8pm on 09/04/2022 so a few more days with no signal.

Hi Stanl,

Apologies for any confusion caused. I can appreciate why you may have thought this. If we do make any major changes to our services, we will let all of our customers know. However for now, our mobile service will remain the same.

I am sorry to hear that there is some ongoing maintenance in your area, I can understand any frustrations with this.

Please do let us know how things are after the 9th April and if you need anything else.

Kind regards

Beth