cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile not working in Spain

Stanl
Dialled in

I have arrived in Spain after setting up my phone to work while abroad.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work.

My wife is with Virgin Mobile also and it works just fine.

Here roaming settings are identical to mine but for some reason mine just doesn’t work.

Can someone help me please.

16 REPLIES 16

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Stanl, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that your roaming services are not currently working. 

When putting your SIM in to your wife's phone, does the network connect or do you have the same issues?

Are you able to do a manual network search and join a network that way? 

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Problem solved the mobile data was set to 5G so I switched it to 4G and seems to be working just fine.

That's great to hear @Stanl

If you do need any further assistance at all please do let us know and we will do all we can to assist! 

Thank you. 

Hi Ashleigh

I arrived back in Bristol yesterday and had exactly the same problem with my phone i.e. couldn’t get a signal.

Turned my phone on and off, changed from 4G to 5G. Turned the phone on and off again, still no signal.

Changed from 5G to 4G again turned the phone off and on again but still no signal.

My wife’s phone connected instantly.

I drove out of the airport and after about an hour I got a signal so there must be something wrong with my settings.

Is there a way I can check what my network settings should be for international travel?

Hi @Stanl

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

As long as 'Data Roaming' is set to on your phone would automatically connect abroad, is your signal working fine now? How have you been getting on?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

No signal at all this morning and I had a message on my mobile phone to say update network provider settings.

Did that and still no signal and I’ve tried turning my phone on and off changing from 4G to 5G to 5G auto and still nothing.

My phone was set to data roaming in Spain and nothing worked until I fiddled with settings and turned the phone in and off multiple times.

I don’t understand why I have no signal at the moment though it’s quite strange.

After my earlier post the signal has just come on.

Hi @Stanl

Thank you for your reply!

Great to hear the signal has now been restored - please do keep us updated if this changes.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

So arrived home and no phone signal at all once again.

I switched to Virgin for mobile because my wife has it and never has a problem.

We are currently sat 2 feet apart and she has 3 bars and I have none.

Until I went to Spain I never had an issue so I am at a loss as to why this is happening.

All I know is that it is extremely frustrating.