cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile network not available

MohoMike
On our wavelength

Hi all

My mobile handset won't connect to the network. I have tried all the usual remedies, including turning the phone off and on, and taking out the SIM card and putting it back in again.

When I try to select the Virgin network manually via "Settings", the connection is forbidden. This leads me to suspect that the SIM card is now faulty.

I have tried multiple times to contact Customer Services (using another phone) to request a new SIM card, but without success (I am just held in a queue). 

Please could I have some support here to order a new SIM card. I will want to retain my existing number, of course.

Thank you!

Regards

Mike

6 REPLIES 6

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MohoMike,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I am sorry to hear you're having some issues with the service. I'll be more than happy to help look into this and if required request another SIM card for you.

Will pop you a PM now 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @MohoMike

I have requested a replacement SIM for you which you will receive within 3-5 working days.

Let us know if there's any further issues. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

MohoMike
On our wavelength

Thank you Ayisha - much appreciated.

Regards

Mike

I seem to ahve the same problem. I am trying to call from a sim card but cannot call anyone (note that the sim card has been working just fine for about 5 years). Can I have it replaced please? Many thanks. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @seelca,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your SIM.

I will send you a private message now, so I can order a new one for you.

Please look out for a purple envelope, at the top right corner of the page.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Eward
Tuning in

I've had the same problem but only on my Samsung z3 the sim card works fine in my Samsung s20 had the z3 unlocked which didn't solve the problem sent the phone back to be fixed but it works fine apart from the sim not registered to network in that phone its very confusing