Menu
keymaster
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mobile contract

Hi

I have had a sim only 12 months contract with Virgin since August 2017. I thought as Virgin supposedly use the UKs biggest network I would have no issue with signal. I have never got a proper signal at home but as it was cheap I decided to stick it out as got signal at work, however my office has now moved 5 miles up road and I now get no signal there either, meaning all day and night with no signal (not even one bar). one day a fortnight I work in london on the tube and my colleagues do  "wifi calling" - which I understand I cannot do either making this service totally unuseable for me. My question is how much will it cost me to get out of this? will I have to pay out remaining months of contract in full? if so how can I do this as current situation is going to get me the sack, I would be aswell not having a phone.

Many thanks

R

0 Kudos
keymaster
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile contract

Hi
Ok I give up,,,,nobody can get through to me as I have no signal and it just says "unavailable" doesnt go to voicemail.
I am just going to buy other sim and pay off this contract.
R
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mobile contract

Hi keymaster,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear your signal is poor at home and work. I appreciate these are the two most common places to use it too.

We use EE's network to bring 4G to 99% of the UK population. Keep in mind coverage checkers are usually rated for outdoor signal as service availability can't be guaranteed inside due to factors outside of our control.

If you put the two postcodes into the EE Network Status Checker then it may reveal an issue. if you get signal issues everywhere then it could be handset or SIM related. If it's just these two places then it's likely to be things like distance from mast, environmental, building materials etc.

The cost of cancelling will depend on your monthly cost and the time remaining of contract. So  for example, if your tariff is £10 a month and you have 5 months left then it'll be £50.

If you wish to go ahead with the cancellation then this can be done by calling the team on 789 from a Virgin Mobile or 0345 6000 789 from any other line. Keep in mind the contract won't automatically cancel in August if you decide to leave it run.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos