cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile complaint (Moving from Virgin to 02)

JS24
Joining in

Hi there,

In January, I rang to change my package with Virgin as my service was coming to an end. I was on the old Ultimate Oomph bundle and was told this bundle was no longer offered so I was put onto what I was told at the time to be a very similar bundle, which would keep the mobile number attached to the account.

I then recieved an email from Virgin Media last week saying my phone would be disconnected in 30 days due to the change of package. When I rang (which took 50 minutes), I was told the operator in January had failed to set up the 02 account transfer. If I hadn't had rung up, I would not have known this.

I was told that a new 02 Sim would have to be ordered and the number PAC transfered. The operator this time was good, and sorted this, but when I asked whether I would have to pay monthly (as I had been told repeatedly this would be covered in my virgin media contract cost), she said there would be no monthly cost.

To my surprise, I then received an email today from 02 saying I would be paying £25 a month for a sim!!

I am very unhappy with this service. Can anyone recommend a solution? I dont really want to be stuck on the phone again for another hour....

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi JS24, thank you for getting in touch regarding your recent experiences. 

Sincerest apologies for the issues with your package change. 
We will look into this for you and get things resolved! I will send you a PM to confirm a few details to start with. You will find the PM in your inbox, in the top right corner of the page. 

All the best. 

Molly

Thanks Molly. I have replied to the message.

Hi. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Hi JS24, 

Thanks for coming back to us via the Community. 

I can see that Molly has sent you a private message which you have replied too. She will pick this back up once she is back in the office. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs