cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Phone Purchase

tyke74
On our wavelength

I would like to switch to Virgin Mobile from my current provider. I have been a Virgin customer for TV and Broadband for 15+ years. Tried to order iPhone 13 package on line, system detected that some time in the past i had a Virgin Mobile contact and requested entry of a long forgotten number. Contacted Help line answered all security but was not given access to that number. Tried to order by telephone then was told Equifax Credit check would only authorise a SIM only contract. Find that a bit odd when Virin have happily received several Thousands Pounds without problem by DD.

Any comments suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tyke74

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, did you have a mobile account with us previously? If so, we should be able to locate the details of this for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only comment I can make as a long term forum user is that I have seen this on a number of occasions. I suspect if you go to Equfax you will find there probably has not been a search. Even if they have it is not them that make the decision but Virgin's underwriters.

You can pursue this but quite frankly if they don't want your business go elsewhere. They are banking on your loyalty... there is no loyalty in business.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @tyke74

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

To confirm, did you have a mobile account with us previously? If so, we should be able to locate the details of this for you. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

tyke74
On our wavelength

Hi Sofia,

Lady on Virgin Mobile help line confirmed that I had a mobile contract in the past but would not or could not pass the number to me to allow me to proceed with on line order. It seems like even if I had that number I wouldn't get much further if Equifax have the final descision.

Hi there @tyke74

I am so sorry we weren't able to offer you a phone contract on this occasion, but the credit check are referenced internally and externally. 

It would be best to contact Equifax about this so they can clear up any further concerns and hopefully the situation will change in the future. 

Thank you.