cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Order

9grg9arg
On our wavelength

I ordered my Samsung S22 on 21st April and web page shows delivery of 23rd. It also shows out of stock. As I am supposed to return my existing Samsung S20 within 14 days to receive a full contract refund what happens if my new 'phone does not come within this period. Why haven't Virgin updated the delivery date to a more realistic one on the web page?

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 9grg9arg,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your S22 is currently out of stock, is the S20 new or is this a trade up?

Regards

Paul.

9grg9arg
On our wavelength

It will be an upgrade...hence my worry that Virgin will not honour the trade up price which includes a bonus.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 9grg9grg, 

Thank you for your reply, I am sorry the delivery details have not been updated, was the handset advised being in stock when you took out the agreement?

What did our team advise regarding this?

Zoie

9grg9arg
On our wavelength

They did not say when I ordered the upgrade from a S20 that there was a problem with delivery.  They stated that my S22 would be with me on 23rd April. I then received this email which did not mention anything about the refund or time of delivery.

Email below:-

Hi Robert,

We know you’ll be itching to get your hands on your shiny new 7, so we’re working on getting it to you as soon as we can.

Unfortunately, this is going to take a little longer than we’d hoped, but we are aiming to deliver it to you within the next days.

Sorry to leave you hanging – we’re sure it’ll be worth the wait. Until then, we’ll keep you updated on your order, so look out for the all-important email saying your phone’s on its way!

Speak soon,

The Virgin Media team

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

The price quote is from a third party, and this will be guaranteed for the 14 days, from the quote, if your handset does not arrive in time you can ask for another quote.

Have you received a new delivery date or restock date?

Zoie

9grg9arg
On our wavelength

No not yet but I am being contacted to return my old 'phone stating that I could loose the rebate offer.

Hi 9grg9arg, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and for confirming that you've not had any more information. 

As the quotes are given by a third party, unless the device is sent to them within that time period then the quote may change. There isn't anything we can do to change that I'm afraid. 

Hopefully the new device you've chosen will be back in stock soon so you'll be able to send the old device in within the timeframe. If not then you'll just need to do a new quote once you're ready to send it. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

9grg9arg
On our wavelength

Kath,

Hopefully now resolved.  Just awaiting confirmation the the S20 is acceptable for a refund.

Robert

Hi 9grg9arg,

Thanks for the update 

We will sure to make Kath aware 

Gareth_L