Menu
sh83
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lower credit limit/blocking premium SMS

I phoned customer services on Monday to request my credit limit be lowered from £100 to the lowest possible - as I am on a pay monthly £9 SIM-only deal, this is £15, which I am happy with.

I am only doing this because in December I got hit with a £60 bill, due to automated text messages my phone was spammed with by an unsolicited premium number whilst I was driving - my phone was set to auto-repond to anyone who texts to tell them I'm driving, and it did it for every text sent from the premium number - about 100 times until my phone's battery died (needless to say I have now turned the driving feature off and would recommend others do too!).  I cannot afford to have this happen again, although I was refunded £15 by Virgin.

However I have logged in today to check and my credit limit is still set to £100.  Does this take time to apply?  Do I have to wait until after my next bill?

I've blocked premium rate calls from within the Virgin Mobile website - how do I block premium SMS too?  I couldn't see anything on the website.

I'd really like it if I could do this online and not have to phone 789 if possible. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lower credit limit/blocking premium SMS

Hi there, thanks for your post.

If your credit limit is being changed then this should be an instant thing the team does while on a call to you.

Unfortunately we don't have a way to block premium texts however you can opt out of premium messages that come through to you by texting "STOP" to the number that texts you.

If this has been done and you still get these messages you can report the number to the regulator of this which is Phone Pay Plus

Nathan B

0 Kudos
sh83
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the response.

The person I spoke to said he had done it there and then but clearly he hadn't, based on what you have said.
0 Kudos
sh83
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have just phoned and spoken to someone who clearly knew what to do - a couple of minutes this time and it has been set correctly.
0 Kudos