cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost account - email address

JeanRob
Tuning in

I am trying to change the email address linked to my mother’s virgin media account and I’m going round in circles. 
When she signed upto the service, she used a btinternet email address but when she switched, bt turned off her email service and will not reinstate it. So she receives no emails from Virgin about her account. Problems with her direct debit means she missed paying her bill and since virgin could not contact her, they cut her off. I managed to get through to accounts to pay the bill so she is reconnected but it has proved impossible to get virgin to change the email address on my say so, even when my mum is in the same room (she lives 100 miles away, so not that simple). Despite having her username (the bt email address), her password (virgin sent it to her address after a previous lengthy phonecall to support) and area code, I cannot access her virgin media account, even though she does seem to have one. I end up in an endless loop where I’m told the usename exists, is correct but still fails when I try to log in to the account. Changing the email or password seems to be impossible because she can’t get emails (and has lost her mobile, another long story). 

Any help gratefully received!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JeanRob,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble updating your mother's Virgin Media account.

Would it be possible for the account holder to reach out to us on the community forums with their own account? I'm afraid we're unable to make account adjustments without speaking directly with the account holder. Sorry.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks, all sorted.

Hello JeanRob

Thank you very much for the update 

That's great news its all sorted 

Were here if you have any more issues 

Gareth_L