Menu
Soraya123
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lost Mobile Phone

Just wanted to say how disappointed i am with Virgin customer service.

I found a Virgin mobile phone doing the school run, I phoned Virgin to advise and request that they pass my details on to the owner so they could collect it from me (as they must be local) and they said No, which I think is appalling.  I didn't want to know any personal details of the owner merely to pass my details on so they could have their phone back.

How does not passing my details on make any sense!!

0 Kudos
enlli
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost Mobile Phone

Just an off chance but if you charge it and leave it on they may ring.
If it goes dead then they will have reported it.

0 Kudos
Soraya123
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No one has tried to ring it which is strange hence contacting Virgin
0 Kudos
enlli
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Assume it is locked so you can't get into the address book to find a relative or friend.

If so take it to the police. May do good or not.

I dropped a phone in mid Wales. Someone told me they saw somebody pick it up so I reported it to the police and got my SIM cancelled.

Three days later I got a call from the police to say someone had handed it in. I was back home so they posted it too me.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Soraya123,

Thank you for your post and I am sorry that you feel the level of service has fallen short on this occasion. We're unable to access any account without passing Data Protection so we would be unable to pass your details on to the owner of this handset. 

You would need to hand this phone into the local Police Station and they would then endeavour to return this to it's rightful owner. 

Thanks

Lucy

0 Kudos