Menu
Sherry23
Joining in
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Locked to network

I put the "new" SIM that they issued when I bought the phone, so yes a Virgin one, and took out the "new" SIM they issued to my old number, which I wanted to keep!

0 Kudos
Sherry23
Joining in
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Light bulb moment...SIM that locked only started acting up when I went into France...is it that whereas on the old SIM when I crossed it just found Bouyges or Orange or someone and kept working that the new SIM won't do that?

0 Kudos
chets
Up to speed
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ahh ok, so it is definitely the SIM setting that has caused the 'SIM ME' issue then. As suggested try the 'new' SIM in an unlocked phoned and follow the instructions I outlined in my previous post. This will get the SIM back up and running in the UK.

If you do get time to phone customer services, then getting the unlock code will ensure you do not experience this issue again.

Sherry23
Joining in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid this hasn't worked on any phone I have tried it with. I just get "locked" message.

0 Kudos
Sherry23
Joining in
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hmm, well I have just been on the phone for an hour trying to get an unlock code, which they say, will take 5-10 working days because of the amount of calls they have (I did point out that if they stopped issuing new SIM cards that would help and that if they sent an unlock code with the new SIM that would also help and if they told people the reason for the new SIM card was because they are moving from EE to their own servers and what to do to have European access, when they issued the SIM card that might help and MOST OF ALL if they stopped asking whose phones are not working to PHONE them for a solution that would DEFINITELY HELP). They say they have noted on their records that the alternative number to contact me on with the unlock code (ha bl00dy ha) cannot be answered during working hours as mobiles are not permitted in our line of work. I raised a "dissatisfaction" (their term for complaint) about the whole mess-which they said will go on my file and then be closed-no mention that anyone would look at it before it was closed...and I asked for a gesture of goodwill and they have credited my (locked) number with £10 which I will obviously be able to use when my SIM is unlocked. Honestly, it completely beggars belief. Nobody with a brain is working at Virgin. God knows who is sitting on their board and making strategic decisions, I know children of 5 who would work out this is not a good strategy to employ. Currently looking at Tesco SIM only packages-if I am going to have to change my number I might as well go the whole hog-Every Little Helps. Good luck out there, because there is no fix for a system this broken unless someone somewhere stands up and strategically decides to do something different (don't hold your breath)

0 Kudos
United1948_35
Tuning in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Wanting to join Virgin mobile.

Currently with EE on pay as you go. Want to go on Virgin Sim only. I have landline,broadband and tv with virgin and am happy with that. Can anyone help please as I can't seem to get any real feedback from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sherry23,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm very sorry for the experience you've had with the handset locking and subsequently trying to get it unlocked.

I'm hoping there's light at the end of the tunnel after the correct ticket was raised. When the handset is added to the account, an unlock will be generated and sent to you.

Let me know if you continue to have problems

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wanting to join Virgin mobile.

Hi United1948_35,

What is it you want help with please?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
lizkuks-28
Joining in
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

please help with any email from them i really need to contact them so my phone can be unlocked
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@lizkuks-28

You will need to start a separate thread and explain what the issue is fully before any of us can help.

0 Kudos