cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lied to again and again by customer service/sales

edindundee
On our wavelength

We left Virgin 18 months ago after their TERRIBLE customer service, went to Sky. We had been Virgin customers for many years.

Now with Sky price hikes it's cheaper to go back to Virgin - but at what cost to my mental health?

Ordered the Oomph bundle, lied to about installation dates, pressurised by the sales people. Self install kit didn't work (happens, faulty router, engineer was awesome), then time to sort the mobile out with the new sim package - lied to about keeping my old number, can't be done Virgin to Virgin.

Honestly a complete bunch of lying sods, anything to get the business and screw the customer.

Hopefully our home number will be transferred over as PROMISED but I'm not holding my breath.

I've spent more time on the phone to Virgin in three days than I did to Sky in 18 months.

Completely, utterly, fed up with Virgin, first day as a returning customer.

Well done all, you've learned nothing in 18 months.

🙁

2 REPLIES 2

asim18
Fibre optic

Yes Virgin Media telephone representatives do lie a lot. I was lied to few months ago with a fake tracking number. I was on the phone to Virgin with the Yodel website ready to enter the tracking number. But he gave me a random fake tracking number. Then I asked him to try enter the tracking number he gave me on his own computer, then he basically admitted he was a liar. Still couldn't give the correct tracking number even after informing him I had access to the Yodel website. It's really weird and bizarre behaviour if you think about it.

They have had most complaints out of all other ISPs this year. Their Trustpilot profile is one of the most depressing web pages I've ever read. I bet the CEO of Virgin has never read a single complaint in his life or even spent a minute on this forum, nor has any intention to do so in future.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @edindundee thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the poor customer experience you've had since deciding to return to our company.  I would like to take a closer look into this.  Particularly around the number port issue.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R