cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving charges

emmafinnemore
Joining in

I'm leaving Virgin Mobile because I haven't been able to get a network connection for the past month now. I'm getting incredibly annoyed because I tried the text service (of which I got no answer) and the forum (of which I was given basically no help after explaining the situation countless times). When leaving early, it has said that I'll be paying a fee because my contract ends in June; however, considering you haven't held up your end of the contract by not providing me with what I am paying for, I think this is incredibly unfair and would like to dispute it.

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @emmafinnemore, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of the poor signal issues you've been facing.

I've been able to read through the original thread you have created and I was curious to know if the signal issues have been an issue whilst you're at home, or in a particular area within your property?

Do you also have signal issues in other locations where your device is used - such as if you were to go into your local town/city where more masts would be available to connect to? Or perhaps when you're at work?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The signal/network issues were everywhere. I have now left your service. I am asking about the leaving fee involved as I think it's unreasonable to charge someone for a service they weren't able to use properly.

Thanks for coming back to me @emmafinnemore, and I'm sorry that you have already left us.

When looking into the Terms and Conditions for the Mobile Services, we would have to advise the following;

4.1 Availability: We will try to make our Services available to you at all times but quality and availability could be affected by factors outside of our control, such as faults in the Network or any other networks used to provide the Services to you, and other environmental factors such as the weather, the type of building you are in, or surrounding trees. The Network we use for the provision of our Services may from time to time need upgrading, maintenance or other work which may result in interruptions or unavailability. Where this is the case and our Network provider has informed us, we will detail any interruptions or unavailability on our website and details will also be available from our Team. We will do all we can to keep such unavailability to a minimum, however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide Network coverage at all times. The Services are available if you are in range of a base station which forms part of the Network that we use. The Network comprises different types of technology and the available technology varies depending where you are in the country. For example, you will only have access to our 3G Services when you are in range of a 3G base station. In other parts of the country you may only have access to 2G Services. You will only have access to 4G if you have signed up to a 4G tariff and are within range of a 4G base station. See the 4G terms and conditions here or at website address. In areas without Network coverage you will not receive any Service.

You should check our coverage checker our website for more details.

Were you possibly ever able to check the Coverage Checker in your local area?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I understand that there may be interruptions based on those factors; however, not having a network connection for an entire month does not constitute as a small interruption and therefore don't see how it applies. I purchased your data and was not able to use it at all during this time. I tried to refresh settings, turn on/off airplane mode, turned off/on my phone, was in different locations, checked coverage etc., and I tried to contact your mobile service but received no reply, as well as contacting the forum (in which I was told to try to uninstall and reinstall one app, despite having detailed that the connection wasn't working across a range of different apps). I'm incredibly disappointed with this service and I'm sure you can understand my reasoning for wanting to leave. At the end of the day, you've breached your side of the contract by not providing me with what I have paid for, therefore, I am asking for the leaving fee to be cancelled.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 13.06.34.png

This is from https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/111696/statement-broadband-speeds.pdf 

As I have not benefited from what was promised when I signed onto the contract, I think this applies here.

Thanks for coming back to me @emmafinnermore, I can drop you a private message and we can file a complaint based on the cancellation charges on the mobile account.

The T&Cs you've posted, with link, appears to be in relation to broadband, and would not be connected to the ruling over Mobile charges

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn