cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Claim

UmarP
Tuning in

Unfortunately, my wife has recently damaged the screen on her phone. Having gone through the process of putting a claim in. I have come across a stumbling block. They are asking me for s proof of usage from the network provider. The only problem is the phone wasn't provided by you. It was a phone I gave my wife as a gift. I've explained this to them, but they still want a letter explaining that you can't provide me with proof of usage for this reason. Is this something you could help me with? I have tried to ring through and explained but they don't really understand what I'm asking for.

7 REPLIES 7

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi UmarP, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

It isn't something that we have in place - nor with the team over the phone. In terms of the proof which is requested - would your online bill for the SIM be enough? As you would be able to download a copy of that from your online account. We're able to add 3rd party devices onto the account but this is to blacklist a handset which has been lost/stolen not for a damaged screen. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks for the prompt response. Ill speak to the Insurance guys and find out if that would be okay.. ill feedback in either way.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Please do keep me posted as I want to make sure you get the right help 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

They are asking me for a 'letter of refusal'? Basically something with the letter head explaining that you cannot provide a proof of usage.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As mentioned earlier, there is no process for this - in terms of having a phone repaired through your insurance that is not from ourselves, we only supply the SIM/Network to that phone. The only thing I could try and do for you is send you an email from our work email address stating we don't do this, it would just be an email without any header etc. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

That would be great.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem - I will send you over a private message to confirm some details 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan.