cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Immediate credit file amendment

Alexbaxter
Joining in
I am currently in the process of a mortgage application, however the mortgage company have now declined my mortgage due to a default on my credit score from October 2020 that is linked with virgin. 
The debt was for £32.56 
That address is my ex marital home which I vacated in November 2019 and was solely occupied by my ex wife after that date. 
I was unaware of the outstanding amount of £32.56 until yesterday when I got declined the mortgage. I would of paid that debt straight away if I would of known about it in 2020 but due to not living there as well as the height of the covid pandemic I didnt have access to letters or other correspondents, I also didn’t get any phone calls or emails to say I had the outstanding amount. 
I have phoned virgin this morning and have subsequently paid that debt today as the account was closed in 2020. 
As the default is on my credit file I am now not able to get a mortgage for 6 years, for the sake of £32.56, even though I knew nothing about this outstanding balance. 
I really need this default to be removed from my credit file with immediate effect
15 REPLIES 15

I do appreciate what you have advised with regards to your payment history with ourselves. But if the account was in your name and the payment was missed, is it unlikely the mark will be removed as the bill payment date was missed. 

The credit file amendment team will respond as soon as possible.

^Martin

So how is it acceptable for me not knowing about the bill, not one phone call or email? Clearly VM didn’t want the money that badly then? Can’t help but feel that VM would rather have people default than inform them that there’s a payment due and completely ignore peoples changes in circumstances and ignore the fact there was an international pandemic. Virgin were happy for me to renew my phone contract and call me about other offers but not one mention there’s a payment owed. 
the virgin team have destroyed everything for me and my daughters future! 

You advised in a previous message that your ex-partner was dealing with the closing of the account. They would have been notified off a final bill. 

^Martin

I have explained it was my ex partner, I had no access to the house and due to circumstances I will not go in to on this open forum but I was not in contact with her, especially during the pandemic. Surely I should have been notified about an outstanding bill? The default is now in my name so the responsibility is with VM to notify me of any outstanding debts? Please tell me why Virgin have been happy to contact me with products and for me to renew a phone contract and go into a plan for a phone but not call me saying there’s a £32 debt in the last 2 years? 

i say this with respect to all who are involved - you are talking to the wind - you may get the mark removed but its most unlikely that it will happen any time soon - you may get sincere apologies from staff here but the best they can do i think is point you to the credit people via email - other posts on a similar line when detail has been given has not ended well in any short time frame

VM systems are shambolic at best apart from one area - the collection of money - if you dont pay they start the process that you have got caught up in - it runs like a swiss clock with no regard to you 

i said earlier if you want to try and move this forward with any speed you are pushing the wrong people - VM will lumber on hoping it just goes away thats how their systems work - i can offer not much more than that but imo you need to talk to the credit file people directly with the facts you have laid out here plus [maybe] those that you dont want to post on a public forum - you need to talk to the mortgage people again with the facts - forget VM - they may resolve it but thats likely to be slow and frustrating

Tony.
Sacked VIP

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@-tony- wrote:

i say this with respect to all who are involved - you are talking to the wind - you may get the mark removed but its most unlikely that it will happen any time soon - you may get sincere apologies from staff here but the best they can do i think is point you to the credit people via email

From my interpretation of the posts so far, there is a distinct possibility that the default marker is correct and so the most the OP can hope for here is to settle the debt and for the default to be marked as settled.

For it to be removed, the OP will need to successfully persuade VM-credit-amendments that the charge wasn't valid in the first place.

But even so - it's an argument they need to have with the credit team by email. As Tony has already said, VM-CS might have many issues - but credit management isn't one of them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks